SCG runs Core Workshops which are held at the AEUB Core Storage Research Centre in NW Calgary. Workshops focus specifically on paleogeography, cycle and facies architecture. Through a combination of lectures and core examination participants will be introduced to:
- Depositional cycles and stacking patterns
- Facies models
- Nature, distribution and wireline log response
- Diagenetic variations
- Review of major producing and potential play types and models of hydrocarbon plumbing and charge.
Workshops will be conducted by Frank Stoakes and members of SCG staff.
Popular workshops given on previous occassions include:
- SLAVE PT FM – NW ALBERTA
- SWAN HILLS FM – WEST CENTRAL ALBERTA
- PEKISKO & BANFF FMS
- SHUNDA & TURNER VALLEY (ELKTON) FMS
For more information on our workshops, please fill out the contact form below or call us at (403) 262-6003.